Top 10 Evil League of Evil Applications
It doesn’t take a freeze ray for us to stop and look at these applicants. The hugely successful project of Joss Whedon’s Dr Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog spurred on countless fans, as Whedon’s productions are wont to do, and out of this came the vast competition to be accepted into the Evil League of Evil. Applications can be found on Youtube or Vimeo for everyone’s viewing pleasure and some applicants have even earned their own cult following. The E.L.E. ceased accepting applications after October 11th and now hundreds of hopefuls wait with bated breath.
Here is my Top 10 Favorite Evil League of Evil Applications: [note: found on vimeo. See latest post for YouTube ELE app submissions]
10. Bait and Switch Two classy ladies that were mentioned as a joke in first episode of Dr Horrible now appear, applying as an evil duo.
9. Babby Hurricane The world isn’t evil without evil babies.
8. Huggles retroactively haunts your childhood and answers the question, “can you be hugged to death?” with a first degree murder.
7. The Embezzler Perhaps ENRON jokes are no longer funny, but the cheesy evil-doer is a great rapper and who can resist that accent? Cha-Ching!
6. Mr Nice Guy satisfies our needs to be passive-agressive and see big explosions.
5. COG takes us to the max with its the late 80′s/early 90′s inspired costume and live band.
4. The Steward harnesses the election fever and swears to act on the behalf of all henchmen when on the E.L.E. A fantastic production with, sadly, no songs.
3. The Garnisher submits a lively, well-edited, musical of an application – and he looks quite dashing in his outfit.
2. Tur-Mohel tastefully adds humor, great choreography and cinematography and even has a sing-along that is aided by lyrics and a bouncing Star of David.
Got something that you think is better than the competition? I’d love to see it! Reply to this post or tweet me @Hidama .